It feels artificial to start something just because it’s a new year. But! This date has lots of 1′s in it! Everyone knows you start with 1! Conveniently, I’ve only now gotten clear on a couple of intentions. They’re not resolutions. They’re not really goals at all, but they’re intents worth writing down.
These are they:
- (because you start with it!) Live with a sense of balance between a sense of purpose, relationships with people, learning, and playing.
- Be serious in my dance & physical training (not that I haven’t done this before, but I stopped, and now there’s a lot of ground to regain).
- Become fearlessly compassionate with myself.
- Stay (or get!) grounded, connected literally to the ground & in a gentle relationship with the natural/physical world.
- Start this other website Rise Up Work to change the conversation about what work is and help people find more fulfillment in it. And eventually turn it into a source of independence and economic richness.
Each of those intents carries a ton of other things within it. That second one I feel compelled to write about each day – keeping a practice journal made a big difference when I did this before.
Cross-posted from i'd like four tacos, please.