I’ve been getting more and more excited over the past several months about all these un-jobbing ideas that seem to be all over the place. It’s a fun trend!
Way back in the Zen Habits archive, I found the Short but Powerful Guide to Finding Your Passion [He also has a companion guide about making a living from that passion.]; it’s a lot like my job search from the heart post awhile back. It’s so practical! And handy if what you really want most is to get out of the cycle of jobs and careers.
So! What else is out there for people who want to make that jump? Or, if you’re like me, maybe a slow, steady slide…
- Escape from Cubicle Nation is all about the slow, steady slide – and practical advice to start it.
- I’ve mentioned Tama Kieves before. She is my favorite! Making it to one of her workshops is still on my list, but her book, her email list & her smiling face are all profoundly encouraging.
- Project Mojave is also worth looking at when you have a business or idea you want to start up. It’s very internet-marketing-oriented, which, well… I’m not entirely comfortable with.
- Art of Nonconformity is an elegantly designed site (one of my recent faves) that tells more of a personal story. It’s often as lovely in sentiment as it is to look at.
- If your passion turns out to be long-term travel, there are loads of people getting up to that these days, too. I first spotted this advice via Professional Hobo, and have started keeping up with Meet Plan Go, and Married with Luggage.
Cross-posted from i'd like four tacos, please.